Tuesday, May 09, 2006

"Time" Top 100



















I awoke this afternoon at around 2:00PM as usual, I work graveyard, came downstairs to my pre-brewed STRONG coffee, love to vibrate awake, and turned on the lap-top. Surfing the news as I usually do I was shocked, SHOCKED I SAY, to the new "Time" Magazine list of the Top 100 Most Influential People in the World.
I'm in shock because I'm always surprised when I find out that there are people in this world that think, somewhat, around the way that I do.
"Time" has listed people that I both admire and respect, along with those who I think are a pox on this country. Sadly those I admire are on a VERY short list: but that OK. At least they are on it . Yeah, I just ended a sentence in a preposition.
You all know that I'm a HUGE fan of Steven Colbert:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1187672,00.html

but 'Time" has also listed Arianna Huffington:
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1187219,00.html

I have read all of Arianna's books including here Bio of Picasso, LOVE Picasso here, up to "How To Overthrow The Government" and beyond. She brings grace and wit to the liberal cause as a disillusioned Conservative. It great to see a beautiful and intelligent woman that's literate and though-provoking. Her thoughts are new, fresh and exciting. Check her out!!!

No comments: